- Moisture collection : The first invader is water. Once the paint has failed, your home or business becomes subject to moisture collection and all of the well known problems that collecting moisture can cause. If not treated immediately, the problems can and usually do become more severe.
- Mold and Mildew : Once water has infiltrated the walls of your home, the low light area with little to no air movement between the exterior siding and the interior walls becomes the perfect breeding ground for mold and mildew. Once it gets in there, it is extremely difficult (and expensive) to get back out.
- Rotted Siding and Structure : If you didn't get to it when it was at stage #2, then let me welcome you to #3. When moisture is allowed to continue to breach the exterior of your home over a period of time, wood rot occurs. The amount of time left untreated and the amount of moisture getting in will determine the rate of disintegration, but the last time I checked, disintegration is the last thing folks are looking for when it comes to their home. If the exposure to water continues over a long period of time, it can and will destroy a home's structural stability.
- Depreciation : How many people do you think are out there looking to live in a freshly soaked sponge? Based on my experience, the answer is very few. Thus, with little to no demand for a home in such a condition, an incredible amount of depreciation occurs. Homes that were once worth hundreds of thousands of dollars end up being demolished, all because someone wasn't caring for the paint.
- Health Issues : The house left unpainted may not fall down immediately, but the people living in it may. That mold and mildew mentioned in #2 has a wide range of hazardous effects on people's health. Asthma, bronchitis, and pneumonia are a few of the most common conditions that are associated with being repeatedly exposed to mold and mildew.
House Painting is an extremely important part of maintaining a home. Whether it is the siding, the trim, the windows, or any other part of the exterior of your home, it is crucial that the surface is properly coated to protect it from the elements. The paint and other coatings that have been applied are your first line of defense when it comes to protecting your most valuable investment. Once they have lost their integrity, there are a host of potential problems that can arise. In the list below, we'll go over 5 of the most important reasons to keep a fresh coat of paint on any building that you want to stand the test of time.
I'd think you'd agree with me when I say that the average American is not interested in dealing with any of the results of not painting their home. All of them are negative, and most of them are not insignificant. If painting is not the single most important aspects of painting your home, it takes a close second to the roof itself, which protects the top of the structure in much the same way that paint protects the walls and trim. If you ever plan to do anything with your home other than burn it to the ground or bulldoze it, I highly recommend keeping a fresh coat of paint on it. Fortunately for you, Clinton Painting Services is on the job. Call the owner himself, Robert Clinton (336)215-4128 to schedule a free consultation. Don't take a chance with your biggest investment. Call a team of professionals to protect your home from the elements. Call Clinton Painting Services.